WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
One important feature of our Population Health Management program is Case Management.
Case Management is available if you ever need assistance with coordinating health care services and/or accessing resources. Registered nurses, pharmacists and social workers, referred to as Care Managers, assist you with needs spanning from behavioral services to the medical community. If you ever face a serious illness or medical condition, then Case Management may be right for you.
Case Management Services
There are two categories of Case Management Services–General Case Management and Complex Case Management.
General Case Management programs are available. The goals of these services are:
- To increase your care through coordination of services between the primary care doctor, specialist and other health team members;
- To provide ongoing education and prevention resources; and
- To improve your care experience
Examples of diagnoses and/or conditions that we frequently assist with include:
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA)/Stroke
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
Complex Case Management is for more difficult or complex care needs. Examples of when you may benefit from Complex Case Management are below, but keep in mind these are not all of the reasons:
- You are going through a transplant
- You have had multiple hospitalizations
- You have been told you are pregnant and are at high risk
- You have a severe and persistent mental illness
In addition to Case Management Programs, you also have access to specialized programs as part of our overall program that you may find helpful. Below is additional information around these:
- We recognize that breast cancer screening is important. We have a program that will provide you with additional information and notifications around the need for breast cancer screening.
- If you have been told you have Diabetes Type I, it is important that you learn to manage it well. We have a program to help you learn more about this condition.
- If you need to use emergency services often, we have a program to help you learn about other health care options available to you.
- If you have been told you have both Diabetes Type 2 and Congestive Heart Failure, it is important that both conditions be managed well. We have a program to help you learn about how to effectively manage these conditions.
Contacting Case Management
Alliant partners with Magellan Health to help care for our member’s needs. If you have any questions about our Population Health Management programs, or would like to make a Case Management referral for yourself or a loved one, please call Alliant’s Member Care Line at: 800-424-1799, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. Or, you may email the Member Care Line at: slcCM@magellanhealth.com. All Population Health Management and Case Management programs are free, confidential and available to all members.
Please let us know if we can be a resource to you.