Education and Indoor Ideas
Education: Centers For Disease Control – COVID-19
For more information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit the cdc.gov
Indoor Ideas: Activities and Tips
Staying indoors to practice social distancing can quickly lead to cabin fever. That’s why we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite activities for you and your family to try out!
- Watch animals live from a zoo or aquarium, like the Georgia Aquarium’s sea otter cam! https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/southern-sea-otter-webcam/
- Set up a “treasure hunt” and hide various items around the house for your kids to find! (Idea: use a theme, like pieces of paper with science or history facts, to help teach or reiterate a school lesson. Make each question worth a point and award a prize for answering a certain number of questions correctly!)
- Bake a cake or cookies together! (Idea: use fractions and measurements to help teach math, all while making yummy goodies!)
- Enjoy an indoor picnic. Include the “I’m going to a picnic and I’m bringing…” memory game. Each person takes turns remembering (in order) what everyone said they were bringing and then adds one thing on their turn.
- Take a virtual field trip! Lots of national parks, like Yellowstone or Sequoia National Park, offer virtual tours.
- Have a board game day.
- Build a cardboard fort. Put all those mail-order boxes to use and create a castle or space ship.
- Play I-Spy from a window. (Idea: this is a great way to help teach colors to younger children.)
- Take a dance break!
- Have a movie night. Make it even more fun by setting up a tent indoors or making a pillow fort!
Copyright 2021. Alliant Health Plans, Inc.