Announcement: SoloCare Members – Coronavirus and Plan Updates
Update as of August 6, 2020
The challenges of dealing with COVID-19 continues to present themselves to virtually everyone in the world. As you encounter how to best deal with this threat, Alliant is making every attempt to find ways to help you navigate these treacherous waters. We understand that these times can be confusing and frustrating. We have diligently explored ways to be flexible within our given regulatory framework. As this ongoing situation continues to change, and as we learn of new developments, we will notify our members. We appreciate your patience during this time, and we thank you for allowing Alliant Health Plans to serve you.
Alliant Health Plans offers the following updates and reminders of its relief efforts:
- COVID-19 Testing: Testing will be at no member cost-share.
Alliant Health Plans generally does not cover COVID-19 diagnostic, antigen, or antibody tests which are done at the direction of the member’s employer in order to obtain or maintain employment or to perform a member’s normal work functions, or for return to school or recreation activities. Click here for more information on the testing exclusion.
- Telehealth/medicine: Alliant has expanded and relaxed the rules regarding this form of access to providers. Not all providers offer this service, but many are adopting this method in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and encouragement of CMS. There will be no member cost-share, including HDHP members, related to in-network telehealth/medicine at this time. Out-of-network member costs are subject to the cost-share provisions of the benefit plan.
- 24-hour Nurse Line: Although COVID-19 related issues will be top-of-mind, members face anxiety, uncertainty, and if forced to remain at home, isolation and loneliness, which can lead to increased instances of depression. Members may contact a Nurse anytime, 24/7. Call (855) 299-3087.
- Early refill on 30-day Prescriptions: Alliant has set a 75% refill allowance for all 30-day prescriptions on out-patient prescription drugs except controlled drugs and stimulants.
Example: You have a 30 day, once-a-day prescription that you have filled on March 1. Normally you would wait until April 1, or a full 30 days, to be eligible for a refill. With the early refill option, you can refill your prescription on March 24, which is when 75% or ¾ of your prescription has been used.
- Mail-Order: This is another feature many members may have forgotten. It is simple to use and allows employees to practice maximum social distancing. Members receive their 30-day supply directly to their door. Alliant uses Magellan as its Pharmacy Benefit Manager. For prescription transfers, contact the Magellan mail-order facility at (800) 424-8274.
- Credit Card Payment – Extension: You may continue to use any credit card (except American Express) to pay for your monthly SoloCare health plan premium through December 31, 2020. Go to AlliantPlans.com and click on the “Make a SoloCare Payment” link under Quick Resources in the right-hand portion of the home page. Unless otherwise determined, we will no longer accept credit card payments for monthly premium payments beginning January 1, 2021. (Updated 8/6/2020).
Modifications, exceptions, and relaxation of rules and regulations are due explicitly to the COVID-19 pandemic. These flexibilities provide room for individual to navigate as COVID-19 impacts their lives. If there are other ways you believe Alliant might assist, please contact us and we will listen. New information is being either released or learned virtually every day, and that new data may impact the decisions listed above. It is essential to know that these rules may expand or contract as more information is received or regulatory agencies provide guidance.
Be patient as all insurance carriers deal with the rapid-fire changes being aimed at them. Modifications of systems, claims, customer service, regulations and more take time to implement. If you need direct assistance, contact Customer Service.
News Release: Alliant Health Plans Announces Preparedness for Covering COVID-19
Alliant Health Plans Announces Preparedness for Covering COVID-19
March 13, 2020
Dalton, GA – Alliant Health Plans announced its plans for preparedness for coverage and COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Testing – Covered in-network benefit at no cost to members, including members on High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP). Members are encouraged to use an in-network provider, such as Quest Diagnostics. No prior authorization is required for testing
Prescriptions – Members who are concerned about accessing their prescriptions during the COVID-19 outbreak should call Customer Service at (800) 424-1799, option 1, option 1.
24-Hour Nurse Advice Line – Members have access to a 24-hour nurse advice line.
“We continue to closely monitor the movement of COVID-19 in the communities we serve,” said Mark Mixer, chief executive officer Alliant Health Plans. “We are prepared to quickly respond as this situation continues to unfold. The COVID-19 outbreak is serious, and our response will make every effort to exceed the threats it imposes on our families and communities.”
Alliant Health Plans encourages the public to follow preventive measures to protect themselves and others, as outlined by the CDC. These measures include:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people by avoiding those who are sick and practicing social distancing in general.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
Alliant Health Plans was founded by community-based physicians over 20 years ago. As a leading provider of health care in North Georgia, Alliant offers quality and affordable individual and group health plans to Georgia individuals and businesses.