Alliant Health Plans Announces Preparedness for Covering COVID-19
March 13, 2020
Dalton, GA – Alliant Health Plans announced its plans for preparedness for coverage and COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Testing – Covered in-network benefit at no cost to members, including members on High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP). Members are encouraged to use an in-network provider, such as Quest Diagnostics. No prior authorization is required for testing
Prescriptions – Members who are concerned about accessing their prescriptions during the COVID-19 outbreak should call Customer Service at (800) 424-1799, option 1, option 1.
24-Hour Nurse Advice Line – Members have access to a 24-hour nurse advice line.
“We continue to closely monitor the movement of COVID-19 in the communities we serve,” said Mark Mixer, chief executive officer Alliant Health Plans. “We are prepared to quickly respond as this situation continues to unfold. The COVID-19 outbreak is serious, and our response will make every effort to exceed the threats it imposes on our families and communities.”
Alliant Health Plans encourages the public to follow preventive measures to protect themselves and others, as outlined by the CDC. These measures include:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people by avoiding those who are sick and practicing social distancing in general.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
Alliant Health Plans was founded by community-based physicians over 20 years ago. As a leading provider of health care in North Georgia, Alliant offers quality and affordable individual and group health plans to Georgia individuals and businesses.